Writing A Successful Design Brief is not an easy task. Without A Successful Design Brief, Your chance of achieving the successful brand/design from a designer is very less. Design Brief helps develop trust and understanding between the client and a designer. A design brief is an initial document, created by the client, which provides a point of reference to work from across the entire design process. It is a written explanation given to a designer outlining the aims, objectives, and milestones of a design project/contest.
A Successful Design Brief includes(for example logo design project/contest):
- Business Name(Logo Name/Logo Text)
- Tagline/Slogan(If you have a tagline-optional)
- Font Choice(If you have any font choice-optional)
- Color Palettes as the attachment
- Design Examples as the attachment
- Look and Feel (Elegant or Bold, Playful or Serious, Traditional or Modern, Personable or Professional, Feminine or Masculine, Colorful or Conservative, Economical or Upmarket etc.)
- Logo Styles(Emblem Logo, Lettermark, Wordmark, Pictorial / Combination Logo etc.)
- What your organization/company/business does
- How long you have been established and how many staff you employ
- How you fit into your industry sector
- Your Target Audience etc.
So, Prepare Your Creative Design Brief before posting a project/contest. Good Luck.
Also, Check Out-